Humber Sea Angling Club (HSAC) were again victorious in the Inter-Club match versus Skegness Pier Angling Club (SPAC), which this year was held behind the Novartis factory along the sea wall of the River Humber. The annual event between the two long established Clubs was resurrected last year after a break of over 40 years and HSAC ran out easy winners at Trunch Lane. On this occasion the match was a bit closer, with SPAC averaging 1lb 6½oz per man and HSAC averaging 2lb 3oz per angler.
Individually, last year’s winner Mark Taylor was again on top form for HSAC, taking first place with 14 fish weighing in at 4lb 4oz. SPAC Secretary Chas Tibble targeted larger fish with bigger baits, catching 4 flounders and a silver eel to take second place with 2lb 5½oz. Just a quarter of an ounce behind Chas in third place was HSAC’s Daz Lindop.
The prize presentation took place at the match venue, with Chas Tibble presenting the Inter-Club Shield to HSAC Match Organiser Mark Taylor. The match has now become an annual feature of both Clubs’ match programmes, with next year’s event to take place at a venue back in the Skegness area.
Full result as follows:
1. Mark Taylor (HSAC) – 4lb 4oz
2. Chas Tibble (SPAC) – 2lb 5½oz
3. Daz Lindop (HSAC) – 2lb 5¼oz
4. Adie Cooper (HSAC) – 2lb 2¼oz
5. Simon Drayton (HSAC) – 2lb 1oz
6. Rich Leek (HSAC) – 1lb 13½oz
7. Mark Holmes (SPAC) – 1lb 11oz
8. Dave Burr (SPAC) – 1lb 10oz
9. Paul Cridland (SPAC) – 10oz
9. Alan Steadman (SPAC) – 10oz
11. Geoff Hill (HSAC) – 9oz
12. Steve McGregor (HSAC) – Blank