Fleetwood and District fished their latest match last Sunday either side of Rossall point. The wind was almost off the land and just a slight swell with not much weed.
Twenty anglers fished and everybody caught. Mostly whiting and small codling but two in size cod caught and also a couple of dog fish.
Craig Thompson was into a sizeable cod after about six minutes, he has been doing this a lot lately. Afterwards it was a succession of small codling and whiting for him.
Trevor Barnett was also into a decent cod early on in the match it measured 59cm and was getting on for five pounds. You would expect a win with a fish like that, but with the numbers of small fish about managed third place.
- Craig Thompson – 13 fish cod whiting – 141 points
- Phil Lamb – 14 fish cod whiting dogfish – 137 points
- Trevor Barnett – 9 fish cod whiting – 135 points
- Mark Broadhurst – 14 fish cod whiting – 105 points
- Dave Wilson – 12 fish cod whiting – 91 points
- Tony Costello – 8 fish cod whiting dogfish – 61 points
- Ken Forrest – 7 fish cod whiting – 48 points
- Bob Egan – 9 fish cod – 42 points
- John Hughes – 7 fish cod whiting – 41 points
- Neil Stoneley – 6 fish cod – 37 points
The Club’s match next Sunday’s match Five-Bar Gate.
Dave Brown managed a cod at low water then fished Cadet Base for ten little codling. This spurred Dave on to a second outing at Cleveleys and found the cod on the feed.