A cracking week this week for Lancashire sea fishing, big tides and westerly winds have certainly brought the cod in with them being caught in numbers from various venues.
Fleetwood and District Angling Club fished their latest match over low water at Five-Bar Gate. This must have been a match nobody had much interest in only six anglers fished. Conditions were good and there were a few fish caught.
Top rod again was Trevor Barnett who had five fish fishing at the Gate end.
Trevor and Ian Hewitt shared the best round fish with cod of 47cm. Dave Norton had the best flatfish, a 38cm flounder
- Trevor Barnett 3 cod 1 flounder 1 whiting for 123 points
- Ian Hewitt 1 cod for 52 points
- John Hodgson 2 cod for 33 points
- Dave Norton 2 whiting 1 flounder for 32 points
- Hughie Porter 2 whiting for 13 points
There are still a few members who have not paid there subs yet, but as most of these live out of town I am sure they will pay at the first match they attend.
Also a reminder that the cut off date for joining the club championship series is the end of March. Next Sundays match is at Marine Beach fishing from 1.30pm to 4.30pm, fishing for the best flat fish.
Leyland and District Angling Club were out last Sunday at Fleetwood.
- Peter Pilkington with mainly whiting & a dogfish scoring 194 match points.
- Mick Darlington with whiting and a dab, 157 points.
- Andrew Dewhurst with 11 whiting and the biggest fish, a cod at 50cm, (his first cod off a beach) 137 points.
- Fred Howard with whiting and a rockling, 132 points.
- James Dewhurst scoring 107 points.
Thanks again to the 8 members who braved the weather and supported the match.