With a decent surf forecast and a bucket of worms pumped, Dave Brown and Jason Usher decided to try for a bass. Jason managed the target first cast while Dave had the first of several plaice. The duo ended with a couple of bass each and quite a few plaice, a good night again.
Kenneth Forest had another low water session at Five Bar Gate, very similar to the day before. Seven smoothhound and two dogfish, all caught on crab. A few more anglers fishing last night also saw flounder, thornback and a tope pup. Again missed out on the bigger fish, best one just over 6lb.
Fleetwood and District Angling Club fished their latest match at Lytham starting at low water and fishing the flood. It was good weather to be out, not much wind and warmed up a bit. 17 anglers fished, two blanked.
Fish caught were almost exclusively flounder apart from a couple of eels. Crab was the top bait as would be expected at this time of year. The fishing was OK but we have had much better.
It can be quite a peggy venue some anglers got of to a great start, then the fishing died on them. Further up the beach anglers who got nothing early on, were catching up fast in the last hour.
Top Ten Results
- David G Hutchinson – 13 flounder for 139 points wins £41
- Tony Baxter – 7 flounder 1 eel for 116 points wins £27
- Andy Young – 9 flounder for 109 points
- Barry Critchley – 6 flounder 2 eels for 106 points
- Dave Hutchinson – 7 flounder for 91 points
- Dave Wilson – 6 flounder for 88 points
- Trevor Barnett – 8 flounder for 85 points
- Jay Cityzen – 8 flounders for 84 points
- Ken Forrest – 4 flounder for 60 points
- Ray Rodger – 6 flounder for 56 points
Fish worth the most points – Tony Baxter flounder 39cm 19 points wins £17
Congratulations to all the winners. The next match is on Saturday fishing from 7 pm till 10pm on the Gynn Wall at the Miners Home.