Carl Lawton enjoyed a cracking night’s fishing at Coastguard fishing 2½hrs up to high water. Carl had double shots of whiting on nearly every cast, some cracking size ones too. All fish were taken on black tipped with ragworm. Incredibly he was the only angler fishing and Carl proved that small tides can produce.
Fleetwood and District Angling Club were out on Sunday fishing a match in the channel at Fleetwood between the life boat house and marine beach. With it being a small tide they fished hour and a half either side of high water.
Given the amount of rain we have had lately and the amount of fresh water coming down the river this was possibly a wise move, low water would have probably fished worse.
Fifteen anglers fished and most caught something. It was mainly whiting with a few rockling, the odd flounder and a single dogfish for Bob Egan. Worm or worm tipped squid seemed to out fish crab.
Luckily we missed most of the rain and the wind was no issue.
- Phil Lamb 7 whiting for 46 points wins £36
- Bob Egan 1 dogfish 1 rockling 4 whiting for 45 points wins £24
- Jay Cityzen 3 whiting 1 rockling 1 flounder for 33 points
- Ken Forrest 3 rockling 2 founder for 30 points
- Hughie Porter 5 whiting 1 rockling for 26 points
- Kevin Blundell 3 whiting for 18 points
- Russell Williams 1 flounder 1 whiting 1 rockling for 9 points
- Ian Mawdesly 1 whiting for 8 points
- Paul Smith 2 whiting for 7 points
- John Hodgson 1 whiting for 4 points
The fish with the most points was Bob Egan with a dogfish for 22 points
Next club match is on Saturday November 6th fishing the Gynn Wall. It is a flatfish and round fish event timed from 9.30am to 12.30pm
We wish all club members fishing the Martin Green Memorial match on Sunday November 7th the best of luck. Because of the good entry for the match the registration and draw is now being carried out at the Queens Hotel, Beach Road, Fleetwood, as is the prize giving. Registration is between 7.30am and 8.30 am.