Fleetwood and District Angling had their latest match over low water at Five-Bar Gate. Conditions looked ideal and there were quite a lot of smoothhounds landed. The better ones in the seven to eight pound range, a few tope pups showed up along with weevers.
Dave Hutchinson and Ian Mawdesley came out as winner and runner up on a venue that suited their style of fishing and bait choice. Fresh crab was the top bait today.
- David G Hutchinson 5 smoothies 1 dab for 326 points wins £43
- Ian Mawdesley 3 smoothies 1 weever 1 whiting for 186 points wins £29
- Mark Hindle 2 smoothies 1 tope for 150 points wins £18
- Bob Egan 2 tope 1 smoothie 1 weever for 106 points
- Barry Critchley 1 smoothly 1 tope for 88 points
- David Bayliss 1 smoothie 1 tope 1 weever for 80 points
- equal Tony Baxter Mick Parkin 1 smoothie for 70 points
- Jay Cityzen 1 smoothie 1 tope 1 weever for 41 points
- John Hill 1 smoothie 1 weever for 16 points
- John Hodgson 1 tope for 10 points
A total of eighteen anglers fished. The next match is on Sunday with fishing from 5 till 8 pm at Marine beach.
Leyland and District Sea Angling Club fished their latest match on the Gynn Wall.
Joint 1st were Andrew Booth and Peter Pilkington both with 10 points each. 3rd Brian Nixon with eight points and also the biggest fish, a 20cm Gurnard. Joint 4th were Martin Cunningham and Nigel Thompson both with six points each. Nigel also won the £10 golden peg card.
The fishing was pretty poor with only gurnards and weevers showing.
The boat fishing on the coast has been very prolific especially for shark species, the tope are about in higher numbers and bigger sizes this year with loads over 50lb boated along with a few 60lb fish!