A club record 31 anglers turned up for the latest Norfolk Angling Club match at Kelling.
Welcome to a few new faces and anglers from Holt Fishing Club especially in supporting our annual charity event.
All match fees donated to Great Ormond Street – £351 (big thanks all). GOSH chosen by the NAC members in recognition of the work and care the hospital showed to the Ford family. Rob was presented with the match fees to pass to the hospital and in addition a donation of £200 from the club.
The charity giving didn’t stop there. Roger organised the sale of Barry Iseton’s kit and in so doing raised £350 for East of England Air Ambulance. Thanks all, I’m sure Barry will be looking down on us with a big smile on his face, especially seeing the numbers and size of fish caught.
209 fish were caught to size limits and carded, of which 164 were whiting – a great competition between Roger, local legend Henry Randall, and Nathan Drewery. Tight match boys
In addition to organising match Roger went onto catch an impressive 14 fish totaling 5lbs 4oz.
For full details see Pond Pete’s latest installment on YouTube.
- Roger Cunnington Peg 3 14 fish 252 weight points (5lbs 4oz)
- Henry Randall Peg 4 13 fish 222 weight points (4lbs 10oz)
- Nathan Drewery Peg 23 13 fish 220 weight points (4lbs 9oz)
- Andrew Turk Peg 2 12 fish 210 weight points (4lbs 6oz)
- Steven Medlar Peg 1 10 fish 176 weight points (3lbs 11oz)
Match average 209/31 = 7 fish per angler . No Blanks
- Biggest Round Fish – 36cm Whiting – John Catchpole
- Biggest Flatfish – 29 cm Flounder – Dave Mathers
Next week’s match is at Trimingham on the 5th December 2022.
Well done all at Norfolk Angling Club for your professionalism and generosity. See you at Trimingham.