Dave Brown had a go on the lures and managed a few bass what did amaze him were two hounds swimming round his feet in a couple of foot of water!
Fleetwood and District Angling Club fished their latest match at the Miner’s Home, this was the four fish challenge, but the great British weather made it a challenge to catch any fish.
The fresh north westerly wind caused quite rough conditions , compounded by the amount of weed that kept floating past.
Only nine of the twenty-one anglers caught fish. Only two anglers caught more than a single species.
Congratulations to Phil Lamb who was today’s winner and runner up Ian Hewitt.
John Hill had the best fish, a bass of 36 cm
- Phil Lamb 2 species sole and tope for 18 points
- Ian Hewitt 2 species flounder and plaice for 11 points
- John Hill 1 species Bass 20 points
- John Hughes 1 species Bass 15 points
- Andy Denton 1 species Tope 12 points
- Jim Gross 1 species flounder 9 points
- Simon Dawber 1 species Tope 7 points
- Paul Smith 1 species plaice 5 points
- Dave Hoyle 1 species flounder 2 points
Next week’s match is on Sunday at Five-Bar Gate over low water, fishing from 3pm to 6pm.